Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I lied.

So I just got done with the Jillian Michaels DVD & I lied when I said it was not that bad. My muscles are still shaking & I wanted to die. I don't know what the deal was & I am probably just a weakling but it is hard. A good workout but hard!

I need good easy recipes please! SO please leave comments with some good ones!

3 nights ago I made Chicken, asparagus, & whole wheat penne pasta & Drew LOVED it. haha. He just asked if we could have it again tonight & he ate the leftovers a few days ago for lunch.

So here's the original recipe:

1 (16oz) package of penne pasta (we use whole wheat)
2 tbs Olive oil, divided
3/4 LB skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into bite size pieces
4 cloves of garlic - minced
12 oz of asparagus, trimmed & cut into 1in pieces
1 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

1. Boil & cook pasta
2 In other skillet, heat 1 tbs of olive oil over med. heat. Saute chicken until firm and lightly brown (I added garlic salt to the chicken to make sure it had good flavor); remove from pan. Add remaining tbs of olive oil to skillet & stir garlic, asparagus, and red pepper flakes in oil until asparagus is cooked to your liking. I added another tbs of olive oil (it looked too dry). Stir in chicken & cook for 2 minutes to blend the flavors. Add pasta. I added another tbs of olive oil because it still looked too dry. I also added some more garlic salt (my favorite LOL). Then once everything was blended together add/top with some parmesan cheese.

Changes I did/will make:


  • I used a total of 4 tbs of olive oil - dont be afraid to make adjustments to recipes lol I use garlic salt on everything.

  • I would not use a full tsp of red pepper flakes. It was pretty spicy (even drew thought so)

  • We also did not use the amount of things this recipe called for - I used about half & drew still had enough for lunch the next day

  • We decided this would be very good with broccoli or shrimp

I tried stuff a long the way & I REALLY liked the asparagus cooked like this. Great flavor. So even if you dont want to eat pasta & need a good way to cook a veggie. This is a healthy, easy, delicious way.


Have I mentioned I'm pumped for our trip to destin??? July, come quickly please!

1 comment:

  1. Brook and I made this when we first started dating and it is still one of our favorites. If you don't like crawfish, you could use shrimp!

    Crawfish Etoufee Recipe
    2 pkgs crawfish
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 yellow onion
    1 green bell pepper
    3 or 4 cloves garlic
    1/2 cup chives
    Spices (garlic salt, pepper, Tony Chachere's, salt)
    Rice

    Chop onion, bell pepper, and garlic gloves and brown in skillet w/ some olive oil, add mushroom soup and cook for 10 min. Drain crawfish and add to skillet. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook rice while etouffee is simmering. Add chives to etouffee. Serve over rice.

    ReplyDelete