So there I am, standing in the world's longest line. It's hot. I'm in heels & signs everywhere say NO CELL PHONES. Ridiculous.Where I'm from, you walk into the DMV, take a number & sit down & wait. Not here, you have to stand in line for a lady to give you paper work & tell you where you need to go. So I'm waiting in that line. It's dark, dirty & disgusting. A flashing sign above my head says: 28 people ahead of you. A man storms out saying "I didn't know it would take this long, I'm leaving" "Sir, no one said it'd be quick. It's a process...what does he think this is? the grocery store?". FINALLY, I get to the front of the line. I have all evidence of my life in my hands and she says: "do you have your birth certificate?"...um no, you're website didn't say anything about that. "do you have your passport?" yes but it's a passport card. Well, this won't work. You have to have your passport. Listen here lady, I can get into Mexico with that thing so yes, it will work. BLAH.
So I'm very annoyed because I took off from work to do this. And my birth certificate is 5 hours away. So I leave. And go to the social security office, across town. Where they are having a pro golf tournament or something. Needless to say, the police officer stops me wanting to know where I am going...SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE. I mentally dared him to mess with me.
But he didn't. He unblocked the street for me. So anyways, get to the SS office. Am there for about 15 minutes, playing on the internet on my phone. Security guard comes up to me and says "Ma'am, you're not allowed to use your phone in here" Well, I'm not talking on it (figuring they just didnt want people to be loud & obnoxious, talking on their phone) "Touching buttons counts as using it". Fine! ALL OF YOU PEOPLE SUCK.This is the MOST complicated city I have EVER lived in. I can't catch a break. First they won't let me into the pool, then I can't get a driver's license, and now I can't use my cell phone. GEEZ. At least the SS office was only about 45 minutes. So of course, I did not eat lunch til 4 because I was hoping to get everything done today. But no, stupid DMV. I miss my little city, where all you have to do is take a number & you don't need a birth certificate if you have your drivers license. I'm ALIVE. Isn't that enough of a birth certificate?
Is it the weekend yet? This whole working alot/sleeping 3 hours a night isn't working for me....
Hahahahahahahahahahha..... I know, I've heard this story multipule times but I just laughed SO hard... outloud... alone!! hahaha you are so so so funny. I am sorry your day sucked. Wish people weren't dumb. Just think what great bloging material they provided you with. Maybe you should go back and think them.
ReplyDelete