Saturday, June 13, 2009

That's what I get for whining.

I called my mom at lunch & she said "I have to go, we're in the middle of the restaurant because there are tornado warnings". So because the weather there usually ends up here, I figured it was headed our way.
Drew called me at 5, right when I was about to leave work. "Are you ok" yes, I'm fine. why? "well, there are tornadoes everywhere, and they won't let me leave work. The power keeps going off." well, it's not even raining here. do you think it's ok for me to drive home? (cue downpour) (cue electricity going out).

This picture doesn't even do it justice. The winds were stronger than I had EVER seen. Thankfully I was in a brand new hotel with plenty of shelter (alot better than being on the 3rd story of an apartment). We have iron furniture on the patio outside & it flew into the parking lot. It was absolutely insane. People were stopping for shelter. It was insane. Anyways, about 5:45, the winds had calmed down so I decided to drive home.When I finally was able to get through to drew (cell phones werent working), he said our power was out...so I get to the gate & the person in front of me keeps trying to open the gate with his car. Listen dude, clearly the gate it wide open on both sides. And it's not closing. Quit trying to open it & drive through!!! Our power didn't come back on last night so THANKFULLY, we headed to Amanda's to stay the night. THANK YOU SO MUCH!Here are some cool pics of the sky. All of these were taken on my phone so ignore the quality.

We decided to come home today & sat in traffic for forever because lights were still out. BUT when we got home our electricity was back!!!! Thank you God! So we deep cleaned for a really long time. The bathroom, kitchen & living room area looks awesome! Go drew & me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment