
Because I have a huge fear of hissing geese but I want to exercise I decided to by Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I tried it for the first time yesterday & all you need are arm weights, a little floor space, and 20 minutes.
Seriously, it's only 20 minutes. EVERYONE has 20 minutes they can spend towards doing something good for their body.
So here's my review: the exercises are simple (but they hurt). She combines simple moves such as lunges with bicep curls. I am a huge fan of doing 2 exercises at once and so is Jillian. All about the multitasking... plus you burn more calories by engaging 2 muscle groups.
Honestly, I was done with the video and thought it wasn't that hard. Yes, my arms were dying but I also haven't exercised in months. All in all, it went by so quickly that I figured there was no way it worked.
Honestly, I was done with the video and thought it wasn't that hard. Yes, my arms were dying but I also haven't exercised in months. All in all, it went by so quickly that I figured there was no way it worked.
WRONG! I am ridiculously sore today. (mainly arms but legs too) It goes by so fast & you're so busy you dont even realize you are using muscles you didnt even know existed!
Here's her method: 3, 2, 1. 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. We do these steps 3x and you're done! Go you! I also like that this video has 3 different levels so you can progress at your own speed but you are able to switch it up so you won't plateau.
I am going to try to do this DVD 3 days a week a long with walking or running (not likely) the other days. Let's see if the 30 day shred really works :)
PS leave comments on what you do to get in shape!
Lay off the beer!
ReplyDeleteHey! Im reading her book and doing the making the cut thing. Its definitely hard, but you can do it!
ReplyDelete