Monday, February 16, 2009

bye bye bye

well, I had to leave Drew today. It was quite sad. Everytime I leave, it gets harder and harder...which I guess is good since the wedding is getting closer & closer. I looked through my calendar and I have something every weekend until the the weekend after the wedding because we'll be on the honeymoon.

we had pre-marital counseling today. i didn't know what to expect so i guess it went fine. we are doing the taylor johnson temperament analysis so I had to fill something out for how I think I am and then for how I think Drew is and vice versa. I love things like that because I love to learn about personalities etc but I hate stuff like that because my answers vary depending on the situation. For example: Q: Are you a blunt person, who says cutting remarks (something like this) A: yes, I am a blunt person but I'm not usually blunt unless you ask my opinion & I don't walk around seeing who I can hurt with my cutting remarks. So, see? It depends. Basically I realized that Drew has a lot better qualities than I do - patience, understanding, compassion, calm etc.

we picked out the tuxes and we are going with something a little different (I've actually seen it a few times lately so I guess it's the new thing?) - which I LOVE. It took some convincing on Drew's part but once he tried it on, he agreed. He actually surprised me because I thought it was out of the question & he brought it up to the lady and she agreed with me...Yay for females working at the tux shop haha. So then he tried it on & voila - check that off the list.

i'm not a big valentines day girl. sooo we decided not to do anything and to save the money for my unemployment phase which hopefully will exist for like a week. anyways, he got me something & a really sweet card. look at him. :)

we looked at houses, just for fun, when I was down there. Just to see prices, neighborhoods, etc. Since I don't have a job it really puts a damper on actually buying a house but at least now we know whats out there. I didn't fall in love with anything but there are a few neighborhoods that I really liked. we will probably just rent next year unless I get a job down there like ASAP.

speaking of a job, please pray for me about this. i feel like the more prayers i get the better i'll handle it. otherwise I may just turn into a big ball of stress, worry, and anxiety which is no fun. i hate everything about looking for a job - updating the resume, interviews, etc.

well since i decided to write a novel for my blog tonight, i'm going to go to bed.

xo
-A

P.S. if you read this, you should comment. the best part of a blog is getting comments :)

2 comments:

  1. Alicia... I think you do going around seeing who you can hurt with your words...just kidding. You have lots of wonderful qualities that make you fit perfectly with Drew. And I know you'll find a job somewhere, just try not to stress about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the comments! No one ever comments on my blog! It makes me think no one reads it, so it isn't too motivating to post anything.

    ReplyDelete